The examiner asks the candidate about him/herself, his/her home, work or studies and other familiar
• Do you have a large family or a small family?
• Can you tell me something about them?
• How much time do you manage to spend with members of your family?
• What sorts of things do you like to do together?
• Did/Do you get on well with your family? [Why?]
Describe a teacher who has influenced you in your education.
You should say:
where you met them
what subject they taught
what was special about them
and explain why this person influenced you so much.
You will have to talk about the topic for 1 to 2 minutes. You have one minute to think about what you’re going to
say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Developments in education
How has education changed in your country in the last 10 years?
What changes do you foresee in the next 50 years?
A national education system
How do the expectations of today’s school leavers compare with those of the previous
What role do you think extracurricular activities play in education?
Different styles/methods of teaching and learning
What method of learning works best for you?
How beneficial do you think it is to group students according to their level of ability?
Source: Cambridge IELTS 3