IELTS is one of the most renowned tests for English language proficiency internationally. If someone plans to pursue an study in some foreign University/College, they should secure a higher score in this exam.
IELTS is the short form for International English Language Testing System.
So the Big Question here is… How To Get a Good Band Score in IELTS?
How To Get a Good Band Score in IELTS:
The time taken to improve the overall English of any person varies from one another. It also depends highly on the intensity of study and the starting level. Some steps are listed below which will surely help you for the question – How To Get a Good Band Score in IELTS:-
- One should start their preparation early to achieve satisfying results. He or she should also be consistent with the preparation. They should also monitor their progress on a regular basis.
- One should always get their basics right. In order to secure high score in IELTS test one must systematically master the standard grammar. This will benefit them in all the sections of the test.
- One must use the English language on a daily basis. They should practice their skills regarding the language in all the four aspects, that is, speaking, reading, listening and writing.
- One should not miss any opportunity to communicate using the English language. They may communicate verbally or through writing. This will help the examinees rectify their own mistakes.
- One should try and increase their vocabulary. This is not an easy task. But one must try and learn 10 new words of the language daily from different areas.
- One should try reading longer texts which might be difficult in the beginning. The texts should be of different areas of interest such as science, history, culture, finance and management. This will also improve your vocabulary and help learn new words.
- The person should start watching news and documentaries in English to help understand the subject better.
For the IELTS academic test, one needs to focus on all the four major language skills. The four skills are listening, reading, speaking and writing. You need to focus on all the skills equally well in order to get the answer of How To Get a Good Band Score in IELTS.
All the above mentioned skills are evaluated individually and then the final score is awarded by taking the average score obtained in all the sections. One needs to know the language thoroughly in order to obtain a good score and get in a good institution. Although IELTS is a British test, one does not need to master the British accent.
This test accepts all the popular variants of English speaking nations such as Australian, British and North American. In order to get into a good institution one needs to secure a score above 6.5 in IELTS.
The complete IELTS test is of 2 hours and 45 minutes. The listening section is of 30 minutes, where one can attempt 40 questions, the reading section is of 60 minutes where one can again attempt 40 questions, the writing section is of 60 minutes where one needs to complete two writing tasks and the speaking section is divided in three parts of 11 and 14 minutes.